Saturday, April 5, 2014

installation and Tavernier at the Crocker

 Its still a rough draft of what it will look like in the end(less than 10 days!).  We will have to clean up the placing of the photographs and take into consideration the summaries, but its a start! 
We sketched Tasmania with the projector, and  left outlines of where the photographs will go approximately.   I am anxious to start painting this map!





I went by the Crocker art Museum to look at how they displayed different exhibits.  On the second floor they have a lot of Indonesian artifacts.  I examined at what level they placed artifacts. The workers and other museum goers must of thought I was strange looking at the display cases instead of the display. 

Jules Tavernier's exhibit had paintings of Hawaii from the 19th century and they reminded me of the Beardsley's  interest in earthly science and of the geyser photograph in the Tasmania Sojourn area. I wasn't able to take photos since the paintings are not owned by the Crocker.  

Here is an example of the main didactic from the Tavernier exhibit that was not inside of the exhibit rooms with monitored picture availability. I noticed the didactic was printed onto paper then put directly on the wall.



1 comment: